hr licence

What is an HR Licence?

A Heavy Rigid Licence is the largest in the rigid licence category. It allows you to drive any rigid vehicle, so its useful for people in a wide range of industries.

Who Should Get An HR Licence?

HR Licences are useful for people in a range of industries including:

  • Mining – Where it is a standard requirement
  • Council workers
  • Bus drivers
  • Emergency services
  • Earth moving contractors
  • Removalists
  • Waste management companies
  • Delivery drivers
  • Transport workers

What Vehicles Can You Drive on an HR Licence?

With your HR Licence you’re free to drive a lot wider range of vehicles than an MR Licence. This includes vehicles with 3 or more axles and that are over 8t GVM. This includes Double decker and bendy busses, dual axel tippers and large rigid vehicles.

What Jobs Require an HR Licence?

If you’re looking to get into the Mining, Council or emergency services, then a HR Licence is for you.

Requirements to get an HR Licence?

Getting your HR Licence is a very straight forward procedure. Consisting of only 4 steps:

Step 1: Held an up to date, provisional or open drivers licence for a period of 2 years.
Step 2: Pay the fee and successfully complete your Heavy Vehicles Knowledge Test
Step 3: Learn to drive a Heavy Rigid Vehicle with a registered training school
Step 4: Successfully complete your Heavy Rigid licence test

Why Get Your HR Licence With Us?

We are one of the most popular truck driving schools around for a reason. One of the main reasons why students come to us is because you have the option of getting your HR A Condition, HR B Condition or your Unrestricted HR Licence.

To the best of our knowledge, we are the only company North of Coffs Harbour to the Queensland border that allows you to do your  NSW HR Licence with a Synchromesh gearbox.

Plus we are very flexible with how we deliver your training from doing a few 1 to 2 hour lessons building up to your driving test to doing licence in a day. Rather than lock you into a fixed package you only undertake the training you require to enable you to pass your driving test.

What will you learn during your Heavy Rigid training?

Even if your brand new to driving trucks, with our HR Licence packages we can get you up to  speed in no time. Plus, you get to choose if you’d like to get your Condition B Licence in our Synchromesh or Automatic trucks, or if you’d like to go unrestricted with our 13 speed Road Ranger truck.

As a part of your training you’ll learn…

  • How to use a either a Automatic, Synchromesh or Road Ranger gearbox.
  • What an exhaust or engine brake is and when to use it
  • How to maneuver  a large vehicle safely.
  • What it takes & how to safely drive a large vehicle in and around traffic
  • How to reverse, park, and maneuver a HR Truck
  • And much, much more.
heavy rigid training

Specifics about your HR Licence:

Unlike other smaller companies, you get to choose the gearbox you want to learn in.

This means if you’d like your Condition B Licence, then you’ll learn in our Synchromesh or Automatic trucks. Or if you’d like your Unrestricted we’ll teach you in our Road Ranger vehicle.

How Much Does An HR Licence Cost?

Our HR Licences are the cheapest on the gold coast. You can get your HR Licence in a day for only $725 for Queenslanders.

For your NSW HR ‘B’ Licence In A Day is only $1190.

Click here to see our full price list.

Where do we service with our HR Licences?

Because we are licensed in truck driver training for both New South Wales and Queensland, we can help you get your NSW HR Licence as well as your QLD HR Licence.

This means regardless of where you live in the South East, or Northern New South Wales, we can train you either on site, or we can come to you.

We service:

  • Gold Coast
  • Logan
  • Ormeau
  • Coolangatta
  • Tweed Heads
  • Lismore
  • Grafton
  • Byron Bay
  • Kingscliffe
  • And as far as Coffs Harbour
hr licences

Book Your HR Licence Test.

Booking your Heavy Rigid licence is simple, easy and fast.

You have 2 options:

 Option 1: Give us a quick call on (07) 5533 7011 and ask to book your HR Licence

Option 2: Click here to go to the online booking form.
Let us know that you want your HR Licence, and we’ll get back to you with a list of times and dates to choose from.

Book Now →